Constitution and Rules Governing EngQuest A Professional Body of ESL/EFL Professionals
About the Organization:
EngQuest is a non-profit organization for ESL/EFL professionals , which was founded with the aim to promote research and collaboration among English professionals around the world. It is run by Vidarbha Bahu uddeshiya Shikshan Sanstha, the education society that runs a cluster of educational institutes including colleges of engineering, architecture, education, pharmacy, business management and administration, etc. It also runs several PG courses as well as a school. EngQuest is the common thread that runs through them all, as research in the teaching and learning process of English is relevant to each of these institutes, as well as to the society at large.
Aims and Objectives:
- Publishing annual issues of The Confluence Journal and The Journal for ESL Teachers and Learners
- Organizing Confluence, the Annual International Conference on Teaching and Learning English
- Facilitating national and international exchanges of teachers and students through Memoranda of Understanding with various national and international universities
- Expanding the base of reviewers for the journals
- Promoting research through teacher training and collaborative projects
- Providing a common platform for teachers and learners of ESL/EFL, enabling them to interact and exchange ideas and experiences
- Bringing about a dialogue between teachers and learners of English
- Sharing resources in terms of expertise and infrastructure
- Creating, maintaining and expanding a database of academicians in the ESL/EFL field
Constitution of the Executive Committee:
The Governing Body of the organization shall comprise the following:
- Jt. Secretary
- 4 Executive Members
Life membership of the organization shall be considered mandatory for all office bearers. The term of each of these office bearers shall be one year. The AGM of the organization, during which elections to elected posts will take place, will be held concurrent with Confluence every year. In the year of inception, each of these posts will be filled through a nomination process, wherein a name shall be proposed by any person present in the assembly and will be required to be seconded by one other person present in the assembly.
Roles of Office Bearers:
- President: The President shall be responsible for giving overall direction to the organization, organizing Confluence during his or her term, and negotiating with various agencies for sharing of infrastructure and resources.
- Vice-President: The Vice-President shall assist the President in his or her duties. In the event of the President being indisposed for whatever reason, the Vice-President shall step in for the rest of the term.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall be responsible for maintaining all records of the organization and for calling the AGM. The Annual Report of the organization shall be presented by the Secretary at the AGM.
- Jt. Secretary: The Jt. Secretary shall assist the Secretary in his or her duties. In the event of the Secretary being indisposed for whatever reason, the Jt. Secretary shall step in for the rest of the term.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining all financial records of the organization and its various activities. In the event of the Treasurer being indisposed for whatever reason, one of the Executive Members shall step in for the rest of the term.
- Executive Members: The Executive Members shall aid and assist in the functioning of the organization on a task to task basis. They will also be expected to contribute in the growth of the organization.
Nature of Posts:
- President: The Principal of the college hosting Confluence shall be the ex officio President of the organization. In the event of more than one college being co-hosts for Confluence, the principals of the respective colleges shall decide upon the matter by mutual consent.
- Vice-President: The Vice-President shall be elected from among those present for the AGM.
- Secretary: The organizer of Confluence shall be the ex officio Secretary of the organization. The organizer for the next year shall be decided at each AGM by common consensus. In the event of an inability to reach consensus, an election will be held.
- Jt. Secretary: The Jt. Secretary shall be elected from among those present for the AGM.
- Treasurer: The Accountant of the college hosting Confluence shall be the de facto Treasurer of the organization.
- Executive Members: The Executive Members shall be elected from among those present for the AGM and shall constitute 1 teacher/principal from a technical institute, 1 teacher/principal from a non-technical institute, 1 teacher/principal from a school and 1 student.
- Non Indian Members: Non Indian members in the organization shall be nominated with the mutual consent of the President, Vice President, Secretary and Jt. Secretary. These members may be from any country. Each member should preferably represent a different country; however, this is not mandatory.
The finances for the various activities of the organization shall be raised through sponsorships, donations, membership fee, publication fee and registration fee for Confluence. It is expected that all members of the organization shall contribute in some way (securing new memberships, donations, sponsorships, etc) for raising finances.
The annual membership fee shall be Rs. 300/- while the life membership shall be Rs. 3000/-. This amount may be revised from time to time with the consent of at least 2/3 members of the executive committee.
The headquarters of the organization shall be the college that undertakes to host Confluence. The Gaikwad-Patil Group of Institutions pledges the use of its infrastructure and staff towards the working of the organization until such time that the responsibility is taken by any other party in accordance with the requirements specified hereto before.
Any change in any of the above clauses shall be brought about only through the consent of a 2/3 majority within the executive committee.
Our Office Bearers:
- Dr. G.K. Awari (President)
- Mouhamad Mouhanna (Vice President)
- Anjali Patil-Gaikwad (Secretary)
- Dr. Karthik Panicker (Joint Secretary)
- Mrs. Surekha Raut (Treasurer)
- Nutan Erathi (Executive Member)
- Yogini Barahate (Executive Member)
- Upendra Bagul (Executive Member)
- Leena Phate
- Dr. Archana Deshmukh
- Vinita Virgandham
- Yogini Barahate
- Maithili Barahate
- Andrea Woods